Regarding the project concluded by AVITECH in December 2015 for the Deputy Chamber, (details here and here), we present hereby a status of discussions and amendments occurred during the last period.
• The public disputes regarding the correctness of the voting process based on the new system led to a thorough check of its functionality and mode of operation.
• Following this check, no dysfunctions or nonconformities of the voting system were identified relative to the participation announcement no. 161249/15.07.2015.
• The assessment carried out by the Beneficiary led to the adoption by the Plenum of the Deputy Chamber of the amendment of the institution Regulation regarding the electronic voting system. The new regulation was published in the Official Journal of Romania Part I, no. 32/18.01.2016. The amendments of the Deputy Chamber Regulation are designed to regulate more accurately the voting process.
• AVITECH received on 24 March 2016 a request from the Deputy Chamber to carry out modification of the voting system in order to identify the technical solution and possible operations necessary for a reconfiguration of the system in order to reflect the amendments and additions of the Deputy Chamber Regulation.
• AVITECH submitted to the Beneficiary several technical proposals on 6 and 7 April, in order to integrate the new requirements of the Deputy Chamber Interior Regulation. The proposals were discussed by our company with the system manufacturer, the Shure Company.
• The Beneficiary expressed on 11 April 2016 its interest in implementation of one of the proposals, but it waits for the authorization of that operation by the Regulation Commission of the Deputy Chamber, the Permanent Bureau and the Leader Committee.
• We mention that, during the entire period when the voting system was not used, it was perfectly operational according to the parameters requested in the purchase procedure – the participation announcement no. 161249/15.07.2015.
• The decision of not using the system for a certain period was made exclusively by the beneficiary and was based on its desire to correct the system operation process in order to eliminate any possible errors of operation.
• AVITECH provided during this period specialized support for the Client and answered promptly to any demand from it, even if they were not within the scope of the purchase contract.
“We want to highlight the fact that the public discussions regarding the operation of the voting system are absolutely unsubstantiated and represent pure speculations. No argument was specified against the functionality of the system or about infrastructure nonconformity to the specifications stipulated by the beneficiary in the participation announcement no. 161249/15.07.2015. The system was permanently operational at optimum parameters according to the initial requirements. We will continue to provide all our support to the customer in order to obtain the desired results”, mentions Mr. Anton Roescu, Managing Director of AVITECH.