''Alexandru Ioan Cuza'' University - Iasi
Computer System particularly designed for assistive technology training
Implemented for the Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences
This system's implementation is part of the Special Educational Needs for All (CESPeT) project which aims at ensuring access to educational programs for children with physical and sensory impairment.
- Integrated 3D Immersive System
- SMART Board interactive systems for presentation
- Radvision telepresence System (head office)
- Audio Systems
- PC network for trainers and trainees
- Touchscreen displays
- Braille BAUM Pronto 18 display system which allows to tactile generate the information represented on the computer screen.
- Index Everest Braille printer that allows embossed printing in Braille language
- Portable CD recorder with the ability to create Daisy 2.02 (audio only)
- Assistive accessories (Braile keyboard, optical mouse with trackball, special joysticks)
- Communications infrastructure
- SMART Sync for classroom management
- Ivona Reader, with Carmen voice, in Romanian, for text reading and listening
- Zoomtext Magnifier 9.X, which allows enhancing information on a PC's display
- Neovision OBR, which allows to scan Braile books and render them electronically
- Duxbury DBT 10.7, for Latin language text converting into Braille
See Case study - virtual reality system
Implemented for the Faculty of Economics and Business Management
The solution is based on two servers for which AVITECH specialists have carried out a series of upgrades. To the two servers are connected 100 Thin Client HP terminals through a structured cabling network. The servers are secured with backup power supply units.